In addition to tuition costs, Radiologic Science student will incur the following expenses:
- All students in the College of Nursing & Health Professions must purchase malpractice insurance prior to rotating through clinical sites. The annual cost of this insurance is about $40. Information regarding purchase of malpractice insurance may be obtained through the Program Director.
- Students (except DMS & MRI students) are assessed a fee of $120 per academic year to cover the cost of radiation exposure monitoring devices.
- The cost of textbooks will vary each semester, with a majority of the total cost occurring in the first semester of the professional program. Textbook costs for the first semester may be as much as $500. These texts are used throughout the program.
- Students will be required to purchase uniforms. Approximately $200 should be estimated for uniforms in the first year of the program.
- CPR certification is required. Some classes are free, while others may charge a nominal fee.
- Students are required to purchase name badges. This is a nominal, one time fee of less than $20.
- Arkansas State University College of Nursing and Health Professions requires background checks for students admitted to professional programs. This cost of the background check is between $50 and $100.
For questions concerning any of our degrees, please contact:
Health Professions Academic Advisor