Physical and Mental Performance Requirements Because of the nature of the work required in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Program offered at ASU, the applicant must be:
1. Able to reach, manipulate, and operate equipment necessary for exam procedures.
2. Able to move, manipulate, and observe a patient or client as necessary for the profession.
3. Able to visually assess patients, medical test results and the working environment to correctly decide the appropriate action to take for the benefit to the patient/client.
4. Able to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, with the patient, client, family members, medical personnel and others.
5. Able to disseminate information relevant to patient care and work duties, and also hear clearly enough to gather information relevant to patient care and work duties.
6. Able to make appropriate judgment decisions in an emergency or where a situation is not clearly governed by specific guidelines.
7. Able to demonstrate emotional stability and psychological health in day-to-day interactions with patients/clients, staff, family members, and others in routine and non-routine decision-making processes, and on the daily execution of didactic and clinical assignments.
8. Able to maintain professional demeanor and conduct under extremely stressful circumstances.
9. Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
10. Able to safely work in the MRI suite – Magnetic Resonance Imaging students should wear no implants or have devices surgically implanted that are deemed non-MRI compatible.
For questions concerning any of our degrees, please contact:
Health Professions Academic Advisor