In addition to tuition costs, Radiologic Technology students will incur the following expenses:
1. All students in the College of Nursing & Health Professions must purchase malpractice insurance prior to rotating through clinical sites. The annual cost of this insurance is approximately $40. Information regarding purchase of malpractice insurance may be obtained through the Program Director.
2. Students are assessed an annual fee of $120 to cover the cost of radiation exposure monitoring devices.
3. The cost of textbooks will vary each semester, with a majority of the total cost occurring in the first semester of the professional program. Textbook costs for the first semester may be as much as $700. These texts are used throughout the program.
4. Students will be required to purchase uniforms through the ASU Bookstore. Approximately $250 should be estimated for uniforms in the first year of the program.
5. Students are required to purchase names badges and personalized radiographic markers. This a nominal, one-time fee of $50.
6. CPR certification is required. Some classes are free, while others may charge a nominal fee.
7. The College of Nursing and Health Professions requires background checks for students admitted to the professional programs to ensure compliance between the college and clinical facilities. This is a one-time fee of less than $75.
8. Students must provide their own transportation to the clinical affiliates. When determining educational costs consideration should be given to this additional expense.