Completion of Mandatory Training
Instructions for Trainees
- This training must be completed prior to a clinical rotation at the John J Pershing Veterans Hospital. Documentation of training completion is required to obtain a name badge and to be finger printed.
- You will need access to a computer with a printer – so you can print the certificate.
- Go to the following website: www.ees-learning.net
- The website should say Employee Education System Online Learning Website External.
- You will click on the First Time User icon.
- You will be asked the following questions:
Name – (fill in your given name – not a nickname),
Occupation: (Click on Other),
Facility: (Hit the down arrow until you get to VHA)
- You will then be asked to create a User name – you can use anything simple.
- Your password must be a combination of at least 8 characters and you must use THREE of the following – upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers or a symbol.
- Please write down your user name and password in case you need to go to this website again. There will be no way to retrieve them again.
- You will be taken to the “My Courses” page to begin your journey.
- Click on Available Courses on the left-hand side navigation list.
- Search for the course you need using the Keyword – Mandatory.
- On the list that appears there will be one course that is titled “VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees – v.2”
- You will next click on SIGN ME UP.
- This will move this course title to your list.
- Lastly, you will click on this title and the content will begin.
- There are 126 pages in this mandatory training. There will be some video sections, some questions for you to respond to and some reading.
- When you have completed the 126 page mandatory review, a certificate will appear on the screen.
- Print the certificate and bring it with you to the VA Human Resources department.
- Read the Rules of Behavior (included in the application process), sign the last page and bring it with you when you come to get your name badge and fingerprinting.
For questions concerning any of our degrees, please contact:
Health Professions Academic Advisor